Saturday, October 18, 2008

a teenager at our house!

Happy Birthday Maren! 

She is an official teenager!  What a beautiful girl she is!  We are so grateful to have her as a part of our family.  Being the oldest, she tends be to "overworked and underpaid" --according to Maren--oh, the life of the oldest!  She is a great example for her younger siblings (and parents). She is persistent, cheerful, and very witty.  She has a great smile, makes friends easily, and loves to bake. Maren is an awesome swimmer (year round team), an outstanding singer (completely on key and has been since she was 2 years old), and enjoys photography.  We are so proud of Maren--the good choices that she makes and the young woman she is becoming.  We hope you have had a great day, princess! We love you

7 comments:

Hallie said...

OH MAN a teenager! I can't believe it! :) Happy Birthday Maren, you are so cute! I love your hair!

Traci Butler said...

Wow I cannot believe she is already 13! I can remember you calling our family when you had her and telling us you named her Maren. And her being a little girl and asking about "baby traci" Ha... I hope you had a GREAT birthday Maren!

stephanie said...

Happy Birthday Maren! We love having you in young women. Hope your day was great.

Rhonda said...

Happy birthday Maren. I remember your strong sense of self as a kindergartener. It sounds like you still just as amazing. You are just as cute as ever too!

Kari said...

Happy Birthday, Maren. Welcome to the Teens!! I remember the day you were born. Kaley - It's great to find your blog and see what's happening with your cute family. Have a great day!!

Melanie Anne said...

happy Birthday Maren! Wow--a teenager! What a cute girl you are!!

Jer and Cam said...

Oh man I wished we lived closer! I need my babysitter!!! Maren, you are beautiful and sweet and I wish you loads of fun in your teenage years! We love you!!