Sunday, October 12, 2008

a day at the beach and WICKED

During our trip to CA, we took a break from Disneyland and headed to Huntington Beach. Being the non-beach goers that we are, we were a bit ill prepared for the day--taking only ONE hotel bath towel and not a change of clothes--just in case!  The kids had a fantastic time and could have spent more time building sand castles, searching for "sheshells", and body surfing/running from the waves.  Before Natalie was convinced that she really wanted to get in the water, she would run from the waves hoping to escape with only wet feet.

It got her!  And, no--no change of clothes!

Just think, if we only brought sand toys--that's what your hands are for!



Love this picture!  Millie's treasures--SHEshells.

Okay, Love this picture, too!  Daddy and Eli taking a stroll.  

To top off a wonderful day at the beach, Maren and I were able to see the play "Wicked" with our Johnson girls!  I had seen it in NY before we moved, but I really enjoyed seeing it again. I could see it again and again and again!  It really is that good!  Thanks to my almost-teenager for a great evening!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How much fun would we have going to Wicked together!!!! Seriously!!! How much fun would that be!! I would love it!! I always love seeing another Wicked fan, especially one that I love :) You look great too. Such a fun trip for your family... next time, the gals :)

goat said...

oh wow! really love all the pics but especially the one of den and the baby... makes me kind of weepy. so glad you all had such a great time and then shared it with the rest of us.

The Nisbets said...

What a great vacation! Sounds like a good time was had by all. Thanks for blogging about it! Love you guys! Can't wait for Thanksgiving!

Melanie Anne said...

It looks like you had a great time in California! The beach picture of Natalie soaked is so cute! I am glad you got to go with Maren to Wicked! How fun--I would love to see that. I hear it is awesome! Cute Picures--the ones of ELI are just darling! What a happy baby he is!