Friday, May 16, 2008

This can't be good. . .

It's moments like this that makes a mom cringe.  It nearly always ends with someone screaming and not-so-nice words flying.  And so it goes. . . Being one of those days, it was dinner time--I had no idea what I was fixing for dinner and the kids were starting to ask "What's for dinner, mom?"   Pressure's on!  So I was in the kitchen scrambling for an idea that I could call dinner.  With all of this sibling bonding going on in the next room, I was beginning to get irritated; you know, when you are concentrating so hard and every little thing makes you want to scream (or maybe that is only my weakness!). After listening in on this fun of taking turns being the smashed and smasher, and not for a lack of disagreements and words from the kitchen like, "Cool it, guys" or Why don't you all go outside," I decided to loosen up and enjoy the sounds of it all--smiling. Surprisingly, there were no injuries or crying, but a moment full of fun, laughter, and  memories. This is when being a mom to the greatest kids really pays off!

7 comments:

Traci Butler said...

Hey Kaley
I talked to you last weekend and you told me you were going to Mesa to stay with Michael soon and I was wondering if I missed you. Hopefully not. I would love to stop by to see you and your family. Visit our blog sometime at tmbutler.blogspot.com

Jer and Cam said...

I loved this post. Thanks for reminding me to enjoy the chaos! It was so great to see you guys today!

Andrea said...

You are probably here now but I had to comment on how much I loved your pic and thoughts. We are such kindred spirited, like-minded friends. I love it. And I love all the blondies in your cute house.

Melanie Anne said...

You are such a cute Mom! It is hard to just enjoy the craziness sometimes! Isn't great that kids can find such joy in the silliest things?! That picture is really fun!

Traci Butler said...

Hey so sorry I didn't give you a call on Friday! I was SO busy trying to get out the door for the weekend. Anyways tho I hope you guys had a good stay in good old Arizona!

Collette said...

Hi, Kaley! I don't know if you remember me, but I used to be in 3rd ward with you years back. Good to see your kids and get updates. Welcome to blogworld!
Collette Evans

Shawni said...

Kaley...It was so great to hear from you! And I can't believe all those kids. How does time pass by so fast? It's killing me. Thanks for saying hi, I'll have to keep tabs on you over here too. I love how blogs help you stay in touch! Where are you in Utah? I hope you're loving it. How was New York?