Thursday, February 19, 2009

Soldier Hollow

To kick off our Valentine's weekend (do we do that?!), we spent an evening at Soldier Hollow with a group of neighbors and friends. What a blast! It is located in Midway and has 6 well-groomed tubing runs. And a tow rope to boot! So it is ALL fun and NO work! This year we tubed at night, which was great, but a bit chilly without the sun. This picture was from last year....being as I was BIG with child (just days before Eli was born), I was the designated photographer. So this outing was particularly fun for me since I was able to enjoy the slopes!

Note to self....take family picture BEFORE the fun begins. We had only half of our children and one of them was tired and done!


We were able to have Papa come along for the fun! A big thank you to Grammy for staying home with the littlest man, Eli.

And because I was thoroughly enjoying myself and because he was too fast for us, this picture is of Davis and his buddy last year. Looked pretty much the same--same helmet, same snow clothes, but probably a bit taller! He was extra cautious with his healing collar bone.


Another picture from last year of the girls and Daddy.


Maren and some of her cute pals in the lodge sipping hot chocolate!

And this was the holding tank--warming up with a movie and waiting for the rest of us! We even recruited a little friend!

Can anyone say comatose?  I think we wiped her out!

What a great outing!  We had a fabulous time--with our wonderful family and friends. Thanks all!!

4 comments:

goat said...

Has Dennis ever shown home movies of us sledding? A tow rope would have been nice then. Looks like ya'll had a blast!

Traci Butler said...

Wow that looks like a blast. I miss snow! You don't find it here in the valley I can tell you that!

Andrea said...

Hi! Okay, so kind of a crazy fishing trip for our men but Travis sure enjoyed hanging with Dennis. We really love you guys. I want some oils. Maybe the basic set. Let me know what I need to do to order them. I seriously just want to get started using them. Sorry I move so slow. I feel like a crazy woman lately. Love you! Andrea

Melanie Anne said...

That was so fun! I wish I would have brought my camera. That was smart to put your girls in their PJs for the ride home! Your family is darling! We sure love you guys!