Friday, January 30, 2009

1st Birthday

We can hardly believe that our little man is one! The kids thought that we needed to celebrate Eli's birthday by going to Chuck E. Cheeses or McDonald's Playland--man were they disappointed to find out that it was going to be a quiet, just-us-at-home birthday for our 1-year-old! And he loved it! I mean, we all had a great time watching him try to figure out what was going on! Doesn't it look like he is completely getting it?!

He LOVED the cake, candle, lights out while singing to him--he just grinned and stared at all of us! Maybe he just thought we were all crazy?*@!


I thought that I would attempt a new cake recipe--carrot cake (minus any kind of nuts). It just felt a bit more healthy and my family had never tried it before. So why not. It was a fabulous cake and I must say that it looked pretty good,too. (I have tried the double layer cakes before and have failed miserably.) However, this was about the extent of his cake exploration.

At little poke and taste.

This was it!! Not even enough of a mess for a bath! Maybe it was the carrot cake or maybe he will just be a neat and tidy person--who knows! But we had a blast just watching him.

But we think he had a great day! What do you think?
(who could resist that smile!)

Happy 1st Birthday Eli! We love you tons!

5 comments:

stephanie said...

It sure has been fun watching Eli grow up (as much as I get to see him here and there.) Happy Birthday, Eli!

Melanie Anne said...

Happy Birthday Eli!! WHat a sweet little guy. I love the picture with all the children gathered around his high chair! WHat a darling bunch of kids you have! Your cake looks beautiful! I love the cake stand too!

Jake said...

I can't believe it has already been a year, he is so darling, I could just squeeze those e cheeks. Happy Birthday Eli!

stacey said...

HOORAY!! Can't believe he is that big already. Next year he'll be passing the sacrament.

Please send along the carrot cake recipe as I don't like nuts in things. You did a great job!

Miss you!

Kari said...

Can't believe your baby is one! He really looks like he's enjoying the party. The cake sounds so yummy too...I need your recipe. Happy Birthday cute Eli!