Monday, November 30, 2009

Pre-Summer BBQ

I just came across these pictures from a get-together way back in May with some our dearest friends. It had all the feeling of being far away in a canyon--a running stream, wide-open spaces, a fire to roast hot dogs and marshmallows, logs to sit on by the fire and the smell of smoke in our hair and on our clothes. But we were just steps away from all the conveniences of home!

And Eli just loved those wide-open spaces!

We really did have dinner before Natalie enjoyed this smore...but doesn't she make it look so good!

A leash for Eli would have been helpful. He was very interested in the fire. Dad had one hand on Eli's shorts and one hand helping Millie roast her marshmallows.



Natalie was trying to avoid the smoke while roasting...

Alan giving Davis some roasting pointers, I'm sure.

We sure love the Bailey and Butters families. We really need to do this more often! Thanks Bailey family for inviting us to your beautiful outdoor retreat!

4 comments:

stephanie said...

I really shouldn't feel this way when it is only the start of December, but with the chill wind and all, those pics of summer are making me want summer again. Patience.

Melanie Anne said...

What a sweet back yard adventure! We sure miss you guys! These a re great pictures!

Kari said...

How amazing it is to see green grass! Especially, when I look outside today. We had such a great time with you all. Thanks for bringing back a fun memory. :)

Jer and Cam said...

You have such fun friends!! I just got your Christmas card and I LOVE the picture! What an awesome picture. Everyone looks so good, but of course, Millie stole the show. Completely adorable. Made me miss you guys!