Wednesday, October 28, 2009

ready or not!

It's snowing outside and it's only October! But I must confess...I do like it! Not the mess that it brings into the house and car, not the on and off of snow clothes multiple times a day (really), not the ferocious wind that usually accompanies the storms, but the crispness of the air (ok, sometimes down right bone-chilling), wearing sweaters and jeans, hot chocolate, the coziness of being indoors when it is too cold to be outside (again, ask me in a couple of months how I feel), and the beauty of fresh fallen snow - nothing like it.

I admit, I think before Halloween is a bit early for this white stuff. I was still enjoying the fall foliage.

But it's here -

And so are the snow clothes! Millie was so excited to get all bundled up (only twice yesterday) to eat some fresh snow!

But with our Fall/Halloween decor in place, our spiders dangling around the kitchen and all the costumes ready for use, we are ready for this eventful time of year - even if it means snow!

Eli frequents the table and countertop in order to get a closer look at our 'piders. He gets very excited about these little guys.

Kissing the 'pider.

Wishing you all a Happy Halloween!


5 comments:

Hallie said...

It snowed here too! I'm really not ready for it...I think before Halloween is a little too early too! Oh and the fun of putting warm clothes on several times a day and all of the wet laundry to do...fun, fun! I bet you guys are a lot colder than we are down here though!

Happy Birthday to Maren too! It still seems like she should be about 5! Time flies! It looks like she had a great b-day! Oh and do you share your lemon blueberry tart recipe? Sounds delish!

Jer and Cam said...

Ohh how fun! Let me just say your fall door decor is so festive! I love it.
They put up the big Christmas tree at the Outlets today and Luke and I walked by while they were working and the pine smell was divine! It made me miss the seasons. I miss that Luke will not be experiencing the snow on a day to day basis. Watching kids in the snow is the best! Enjoy!!

Melanie Anne said...

Wow--snow already?! It looks so fun! I am with you--I lOVE the snowy weather--it just makes home all the more cozy:) Your decor is darling and so is that little guy kissing the piders!!

stephanie said...

Kaley, thanks so much for your positive attitude. I need to enjoy the moment a bit more. I really was enjoying autumn and felt like the snow was just an irritating interruption to my pleasure. (And I usually really like the first snowfall.) The big fluffy flakes WERE beautiful. I did make Melanie's matzah snowballs in soup for dinner that night---the kids liked that. I admit I am still looking forward to more warmth next week for as long as it lasts. But, your blog lifted my spirits. Happy Halloween to you too!

Jen & Blake said...

Wow, how fun...temperary of course:) I love to see the fun pictures while I run my A/C, not! But, your kiddos sure look cute and are just growing up way to fast!